Monday, June 9, 2014

Light in the Piazza

Here are production photos from BYU's The Light in the Piazza, produced fall 2013. I worked on the costumes in this show as the costume crafts supervisor. The costumes were designed by Ashley Cook. For this show I was also the wardrobe supervisor. I put dance rubber on and repaired the shoes, polished and redyed shoes, I steamed and shaped the hats, quick rigged a ton of shirts, I fixed jewelry, and I added ribbon to hats, I also did plenty of other repairs, tailoring and odds and ends that needed to be done. I labeled, washed, and ironed tons of these throughout the course of the show as well.
 
This is Clara.
 And her mother, Margaret.














 This is Clara and Fabrizio.
  I redyed and polished the shoes in this production, transforming crumbling vintage shoes into snazzy and shiny ones. Interesting thing about these shoes; they narrow in at the toes, so they do not fit people's feet these days because people wear flats and sandals with no arch supports, so their feet become wider and it's harder for them to fit into the narrow toed vintage shoes. Thus, I had to put shoe stretch in Clara's shoes and a few other people's so that they could fit into them comfortably.



The chorus. Admire the fedoras that were once tragic and beaten lumps of felt. Also admire the beautiful shiny shoes.

I got to transform the hats from squished and battered messes into fetching fedoras.

 











Most of, if not all of Fabrizio's shirts were quick-rigged, as were most of the other men's.




 This is Fabrizio and his father, Signor Naccarelli
 And his brother, Giuseppe Naccarelli.


 Funny story about Fabrizio's pants; He kneels down here and when he proposes, so he had his pants tear a few inches on the inseam probably every other night at a different spot that I had to repair during the run of the show.






 Giuseppe















 Franca Naccarelli and Fabrizio












 The Naccarelli family.















 Clara's father, Roy Johnson.














 



































 






















































 These photos are © Brigham Young University, and I have been given permission to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment