Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cymbeline Fairy Tale Version

Here are production photos from BYU's fairytale version of Shakespeare's Cymbeline, which toured to younger elementary schools in winter 2014. I worked on the costumes in this show as the costume crafts supervisor. The costumes were designed by Julie Adams. Many actors play multiple roles, and children were taken from the audience to perform other parts.
For this show I also did some wardrobe supervising. I put dance rubber on and repaired the shoes, polished and redyed shoes, I steamed and shaped armor, repaired and bedazzled a wisk, I fixed jewelry, I also did plenty of other repairs, tailoring and odds and ends that needed to be done. I labeled, washed, and ironed tons of these throughout the course of the show as well.







 









 




 The queen's black collar was repaired by me, and all the green gems were added by me as well.




 
 
 
 

 
 










 



 
 


 
 

 I had to steam and shape the Roman general's armor into a more curvacious and womanly figure. It used to be for a man, but after much struggle, I steamed it into a woman's shape and polished it.








 I also put the man on the left's armor back together using Barge cement.


 





 These photos are © Brigham Young University, and I have been given permission to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment